Wrocław University of Science and Technology
- Total number of students:
- Number of students in engineering:
- Year of creation:
- Website address:
- Address of ones T.I.M.E. page:
- T.I.M.E. Coordinator:
- M.A. Ewa MROCZEK
- Vice Rector for International Relations:
- Prof. Andrzej TROCHIMCZUK
- POLITECHNIKA WROCŁAWSKA/Wrocław University of Science and Technology (PWR-WUST) is the leading scientific and educational centre in Poland. Its position among technical universities in both Europe and the rest of the world is increasing every year. Development of the University is confirmed by research potential, didactics at the highest level, innovation and also cooperation with industry. PWR-WUST educates specialists who are valued and sought after in the labour market.
Today it is one of the best technical universities in Poland – over 28 000 students study here under the guidance of 2 000 academic teachers, at 12 faculties. PWR-WUST stands out with its educational offer that allows students to study according to standard programmes, as well as according to their individual educational paths. Moreover, the University maintains contacts with many educational and research institutions in the world and also follows the double diploma procedure.
PWR-WUST offers Bachelor, Master and PhD programmes taught fully in English or in Polish. For full details of the study programmes please go to our website: http://admission.pwr.edu.pl/
Wroclaw University of Science and Technology pursues a strategy that aims to adapt the activity of the University to the needs of the economy. It successfully implements ideas of transferring knowledge to industry, creating innovations and also cooperating with business, local government and scientific-research centers. It promotes activities focused on fostering entrepreneurship and aids students and graduates when searching for a job. Each year the University receives a number of original technical solutions, patents, inventions and technologies that are applicable to industry. In the last five years the University has obtained 901 patents. There are 885 didactic laboratories, 147 research laboratories and 13 accredited laboratories operating within the University. The world-class level of research conducted by university staff and the well-equipped laboratories result in cooperation with many domestic and foreign companies. Students have the opportunity to participate in internships and carry out their diplomas in the branches of renowned companies around the world, e. g. Nokia, COMARCH, KGHM, NETIA, Volvo, Ryanair.